HOW TO CLEAN CONTACT LENSES
If the lens touches the nail, it cuts or snags the lens as they are very soft. They are all tested before vialed.
The most important part of lens care is keeping your coloured contact lenses clean. Wearing dirty contact lenses can lead to eye irritation but by following some basic hygiene principles you can keep your lenses clean and protect your eyes. Almost all the risks associated with contact lenses are caused by failure to keep the lenses clean - by practising good lens hygiene you can eliminate these risks.
You should use contact lens solution to clean your lenses. Lens solution is specially formulated for use with cosmetic contact lenses - never use water or anything else on your lenses. Water can damage contact lenses.
Below is a simple method for cleaning contact lenses. Use this method each time you remove a pair of contact lenses. You can also do this if you drop a contact lens or anytime you think that a lens looks dirty.
- Wash and dry your hands
- Place the contact lens in the palm of your hand.
- Pour a little contact lens solution onto the lens.
- Use your index finger to rub the lens very gently in the solution. Do this for 15-30 seconds. Be sure to use your fingertip, not your nail.
- Check the lens. It should look clean and feel smooth. If you can see dirt on the lens or it feels gritty, rinse with more solution and rub again. Continue until you are satisfied that the lens is clean.
- The lens is now ready to store or wear.