Basic Contact Lens Hygiene Guidelines
If the lens touches the nail, it cuts or snags the lens as they are very soft. They are all tested before vialed.
- Do not share contact lenses with another person
- Do not swim, shower or bathe while wearing contact lenses
- Do not sleep while wearing contact lenses
- Do not wear dirty, dry or damaged contact lenses
- Store lenses in a contact lens case full of lens solution
- Only wear lenses for up to 8 hours at a time
- Clean lenses after each wear
- Be gentle when handling lenses - they are easily damaged
- Read the manufacturer's instructions before using contact lenses
- Always wash and dry your hands before handling contact lenses
- Remove lenses immediately if you experience eye irritation or redness
- Seek medical attention if irritation does not cease after lenses have been removed
- Check the contact lens life span. Each lens has a life span, which is listed on the packaging. It is usually 30 days. You can wear the lenses as many times as you like within this period. Once this period has expired, you must throw the lenses away.